Monday, June 25, 2012

Nathaniel - one month

He's one month today, it's hard to believe.  Each week as I mark off one more week of my postpartum period, I am grateful that I feel better than the week prior and am able to do a bit "more" around the house and with the rest of the family, yet there is plenty of still-ness with this little one.  Cuddling, nursing, holding a sleeping baby.  Last night, I caught of glimpse in the mirror across the room of me holding him on my shoulder - his preferred place to sleep these days - he seemed to fit onto my chest and arms so perfectly. Thinking to today with him turning one month reminded me of how short lived these days are.  So for now, I am content with holding him as much as I need to, or he needs me to.  It has been one delightful month for us all!

Nathaniel - one month