Saturday, May 16, 2009

I picked, she ate

picking strawberries

It's Strawberry picking time again {I love this time of year!}. Today we ventured out to a local patch and picked around 9 pounds of berries. Actually . . . we bought 9 pounds of berries. I can't tell you how many pounds we picked because the more I picked, the more Elise ate. So there you go. I had big plans for these berries . . . here are some images from our day and a new friend we met.

strawberry Field

making a friend

eating Strawberries

picking the last few

And tonight, I spent a lot of time in the kitchen doing this . . . I'll share more tomorrow including my recipe.

coring strawberries

canning jam

2 comments:

Beck said...

Looks like a fun day out! (Love the frog.) Is that jam you are making? x

Olya said...

believe it or not, I never even thought of finding a PYO strawberry patch, even though we all LOVE strawberries. This post has inspired me to find a strawberry patch where we live, hope we can go to one this Saturday :)