Friday, September 4, 2009

a new throw ~

a new throw

My goal before the baby arrives has been to sew together these fabulous colors into something for our bed - something to have to snuggle under those long nursing sessions to come!! I finished it this week and have been enjoying it so much!

love the colors!

It was actually a very simple project, washing/drying/ironing the fat quarters, then cutting them to 16" square and sewing them in rows.

repurposed duvet used on back

The best part for me was finding something I already had to use for the backing - an older duvet cover I wasn't using which got snipped to size and sewn on the back (I did use cotton quilting batting in between.) This is so soft~!! I did string some embroidery floss in the corners of each of the squares to help hold it together. It turned out just as I was hoping and just in time!!

a new throw