Monday, September 6, 2010

Inspiration

inspiration

My inspiration this week has come from . . . acorns. I go for a walk each morning and each new day I am greeted with such beauty. I may find a few turned leaves on the ground, a beautiful sky, an unusual bird or spider web, but acorns . . . I bring those home with me to share with my girls. I love the deep browns and pistachio greens of the acorns which led me to bringing out this pile of scraps to make something for our home and for the upcoming season. It feels so good this year to be able to look slightly ahead and plan something special for my favorite season of the year - Autumn.

finished log cabin squares

It wasn’t until I started having children, 9 years ago to be exact, that I found a love for this season. It’s magical, and so invigorating. This year I wanted to do something special, so I decided to give it a go with making another version of a log cabin square, inspired by Amanda, and the book, Patchwork Style. I too am hooked and will be making more of these for sure in the Near future!

table runner

This table runner goes perfectly in our dining room and in perfect time, I must say, for a little someone who's having her first birthday, tomorrow!

inspiring

acorns

What's inspiring you?