Thursday, November 18, 2010

In the work basket ::

work basket

My craft table and work basket have been quite full lately. Seems like every day I’m adding a new project in the mix. Being disciplined has been quite challenging, so I’ve set myself a few deadlines to try to keep focused.

craft table - advent stockings

finished stockings

So for now, I’m working on these . . . I started this project last year – have been wanting to make advent stockings (= 24 stockings) for several years now. Well last year, let’s just say was quite busy for our family and only 5 were made. And . . . they didn’t get done over the summer either as I had planned. So I pulled them all out last week and got to sewing. Last count I have 13 complete, and 11 to go. That should be a doable task given my deadline of the 24th of this month. I want them hung before Thanksgiving and ready to be used starting the 28th. What a fun new tradition for our family this year!!