Monday, March 14, 2011

from January ::

from January :: EEG test

I recently uploaded these pics from my smaller digital camera and thought I would share them with you all. This was back in January when Rosemary was in the hospital for another round of seizures that we were trying to get under control. She had 2 EEG’s during that stay and she came home with new meds. I hesitate most times to share moments like these, but feel it’s appropriate to share, even most people appreciate the vulnerability and honesty that comes with sharing glimpses such as these when there is a child with such special needs as Rosemary has. When Rosemary was first born, we thought she had Crouzons Syndrome, but later we found out that they are calling it Pfeiffer’s Syndrome, and I realize that I never clarified that here on the blog.

from January :: feeling better

from January :: let's go home

Interestingly from glancing over these photos, I can see a nice progression that occurs during the course of a hospital stay. We get in - not feeling well at all, tests are run, then over the course of the next few days, there are fewer and fewer "attachments" (i.e. monitor cords, IV ports), and then she gets really spry! For today though, we're good and we're home! We're always grateful for that!!