Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Lena's Birthday Quilt

Lena's Birthday Quilt

Lena's Birthday Quilt

Lena's Birthday Quilt

I did manage to make a little handmade for Lena's Birthday which followed close behind Rosemary's last month. I had my eye on this 30 square log cabin quilt from Patchwork Style for over a year now and wasn't going to let another birthday pass by without making it for her. I gave myself a good year to get it completed, but didn't get good and movitated to start it until July. That gave me a good two months to complete it.

Lena's Birthday Quilt

And complete it I did, right in the nick of time - I finished up the binding, which took hours (!) the morning of her birthday.

Lena's Birthday Quilt

Lena's Birthday Quilt

Lena's Birthday :: 8

Lena's Birthday Quilt

Lena's Birthday Quilt

She loves it, we all love it! It's full of the most amazing colors, all from my favorite fabrics I've been hoarding away for four years now. Each square really is a work of art! What a brilliant concept for quilting as you go. My hope is that this quilt will be with Lena for a very long time and that she will always feel the love that I poured into it for her.