Thursday, May 26, 2011

making jam ::

making jam ::

This year we made not one, but two rounds of jam. What else to do with 20 lbs of strawberries besides eating and juicing them, right?

making jam ::

First recipe was inspired by Meg's post from her jam making a few weeks back. It came from "Canning for a New Generation", what a great book, with lots of tips for new canners as well as seasoned canners. When I saw that there was a recipe for a Strawberry and Lavendar Jam, I was sold! I just so happened to have fresh lavendar blooms right outside my kitchen waiting for me to make this recipe. {I also love how the book is divided into seasons which is perfect for garden planning!}

making jam ::

Next up was my standby Strawberry Jam recipe which we've come to enjoy making and eating each year!

making jam ::

making jam ::

Somehow, our Strawberry Jam doesn't stay around long!