Monday, November 14, 2011

home

home

Last night, I found myself open to new possibilities, new chores being added to our evening rhythm. I will openly confess that I highly dislike unloading a dishwasher once sometimes twice a day. There is just something about it and looms over me all day until I absolutely “must” empty it in order to cook dinner and have somewhere to place the dirty dishes. What a vicious cycle. So last night I thought I would give our evening rhythm a taste of something new and different and involve a little helper {Elise} who has always had an affinity for house work.

She washed while I dried, and loved every single second of it. It cured several things. 1. I don’t have a clean dishwasher to empty tomorrow morning. 2. The dishes are already put away for the evening. 3. There was great conversation and time well spent between us. 4. It was an activity that kept her busy and happy. What more can a mother ask for.

home

Yes, I think this new nightly rhythm will treat us well.