Wednesday, September 3, 2008

December 23, 2004


boyhood, originally uploaded by homebirthmama.

This little boy started first grade today. This picture represents how in some ways I still see him – giggling at 2 years old with two “pappies”, one in his mouth and the other in his hand for close keeping. Bedtimes were always fun mommy times for us. This past summer marked many changes for him, all new permanent teeth growing in the front of his mouth, longer hairstyle, exploring more with their friends socially instead of being wrapped up in the “me world with mommy and daddy.” I feel like he is turning a new leaf, he is growing up, yet he’s happy and excited about learning and living. I’m happy for him. Though there are days that I wish I could give him back those two pappies he gave me on that next Mother’s Day (in ’05) in a blue box with tears in his eyes, turning around after I had taken the box from him and running back to his Daddy. I wish I could have given them back and said “please stay little a little while longer.” That was his first big step (and mine) into this role of growing up boy-hood, a moment I can never forget. I’ll continue with him on his journey of “growing up” and hope I never forget these quiet fun moments he and I have shared at bedtime when all that mattered was having his two pappies, one in his mouth and one in his hand, his lambie, and a kiss from mom and dad.

0 comments: