Monday, September 29, 2008

My favorite 8 ~

Came through the front door this morning after going to the grocery store for tonight’s dinner and the downstairs was dark. I already had an idea of what I wanted to post today on my blog. Where was all the light that usually comes through the back of the house? ~ With the change of season also brings change of light, something that can be a big deal when you're looking to take that special picture.

As I walk around the house snapping pictures, I start counting 1…2….3 and this is what I ended up with: a compilation of my favorite things.

1. my vintage stride rite shoes (from my childhood) that are 32 years old that Elise can now wear. I get so many compliments on them when we’re out.


2. my daughter Lena’s birthday present that I made her – a log cabin pillow which I adore. You know the one she was not so thrilled about that I wrote about here.

3. My children's sillouettes ~ this one was made of Jonmichael when he was 7 1/2 months old.

4. the birthday banners I made recently for Jonmichael and Lena’s birthdays. Elise asks everyday when her birthday is, actually it's more like "today my birthday?" since she saw two birthdays in a week's time. She's also been promised a mama made banner on her birthday in December. She'll have to wait though . . .

5. my basil plants

6. my pumkin Hunter Wellies – just waiting for that good rain to wear them!

7. knitted baby socks that I seem to be working so much on these days . . .


8. Lena’s birthday present to her brother – totally unprompted yet very touching!!!
Although my most precious things are in my heart and can not be seen on a picture, these are a reflection of who I am and what I love so dearly today.

Happy Monday!! ~

0 comments: