Monday, October 11, 2010

scarves on my mind

2 skeins Peruvia

winding Peruvia

Here lately, I've thinking a lot about making scarves, what patterns to choose from, which yarns would be perfect for scarf knitting. Maybe it has something to do with the vast weather change we had last week, finally some nice cool/cold mornings, I love the first brisk fall mornings of the season. Last week I found the perfect pattern and perfect yarn, but something led me to search a little further for a little out of the ordinary wool knitted scarf.

into the wash

late night pic of scarf

And this is what I came up with. I had some leftover Anna Maria Horner fat quarters leftover from this project and this project. I love how her fabric can be used for so many projects. We have a dear family friend who is turning 7 next week and this will be her gift, her very own scarf, I think she’ll love it.

finished scarf

finished scarf

This scarf is sized 4 x 40. I pieced the scarf and sandwiched the two sides between a layer of flannel for stability and warmth. I sewed it together with flannel piece on bottom, then two sides with right sides facing, sewn all around except for about 3 inches where the scarf would be worn at the back of the neck, turned it right side out and hand stitched the opening.

I will definitely will be making more of these, one for sure in an adult size!