Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Yesterday and Today

pre op appt with Anthropologist

pre op appt with Anthropologist

pre op appt with Anthropologist

There is so much that goes into Rosemary's surgeries, especially the day before. Yesterday was that day for us. Appointments from 8:30 to 5:30 all day, but they are so enjoyable! The day never goes without meeting so many incredible families who are just like us, lucky enough to have born one of these incredible babies. The immediate bond I feel with these moms is undescribeable. The strangers we meet out around town that just stop us to say how beautiful or precious our child is helps me get through the tough days when I don't understand why this has happened. I especially love this appointment from the pictures above, its with an Anthropologist that takes a lot of measurements of her head. How confident I feel when such care is taken before she enters into surgery to move bone!

pre-surgery

pre-surgery

pre-surgery

This morning we were up at 4am to get ready to have her at the hospital by 6am for registration. She was taken back to the OR around 7:30am and we got to see her around 2:0opm this afternoon.

Rosemary's Frontal Surgery

Rosemary's Frontal Surgery

Rosemary's Frontal Surgery

Rosemary's Frontal Surgery

Let me just say that when I first saw Rosemary in her PICU room, I was amazed at her brow. I don't know if you can really tell with these pictures, but Dr. Fearon really was able to bring out her forehead quite a bit which will make her look so different, give her brain more room to grow, and help protect those precious blue eyes. When we left the hospital tonight, she had still not opened her eyes, they have her pretty sedated so she doesn't try to pull our her trach. She may even be sedated most of tomorrow as well. I know getting the trach was one of the best things we did today given that her obstructive apnea has gotten really bad. I'm excited to once again get a little more sleep!