Tuesday, June 28, 2011

mama is happy!

mama is happy


mama is happy


mama is happy


Happy and joy and relief were all the emotions I felt today as I walked into Rosemary's hospital room first thing this morning and peered into her crib and saw her "peering" right back at me. Not having seen her blue eyes since the day of her surgery, I was instantly talking and kissing and laughing with my little girl. She still has a ways to go, but with it now being 6 days post op, it was time to get back to some familiar normal with her. I think relief is such an amazing emotion, one that I look for often in our situation. There is always a search for hope, and relief that things aren't or may not be as bad as I think they are, sometimes they are worse, but I'll take all the relief I can get knowing and remembering that she is exactly as she has always meant to be and as my midwife said at her birth and even days later during visits and phonecalls, "Leslie, she is perfect." I hold on to her words especially during times as these.