Friday, February 20, 2009

a tooth pillow ~

Tooth Pillow - front

That little sneak peak I shared right before Christmas turned out to be something I have been saving to share about until "the magic moment" happened.

Last night at the dinner table, Lena lost her first tooth . . .which really happens to be the first tooth that grew in her mouth (I actually went back and looked in her baby book last night to confirm.) So that winter fairy embroidery I shared a little sneak peak of at Christmas became her tooth pillow, knowing that she would be losing one soon. She was so excited to use it for the first time last night.

Tooth Pillow - Back

The back I recycled from a pair of handmade corduroy pants she wore as a todder. The pocket was from the backside of the pants which worked perfectly for the tooth pocket.

It's so funny how this project came together literally as I cut the fairy out of the muslin material. I had no idea when I started the embroidery at the end of summer that I was constructing a tooth pillow. So lesson learned . . . who knows where your next sewing project will lead you.

0 comments: