Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Instant therapy for Winter Season blues ~

forcing bulbs

Force Bulbs~!

Inspired by Martha's Spring '08 issue of Living Magazine, I decided this year I would force Daffodil bulbs to have a little spring inside the home this year.

forcing bulbs

I still haven't been sewing much lately, but I have been doing lots of dreaming about Spring coming. So today, in five minutes time, I found a pot in the garage, a bag of potting soil (it was actually African Violet potting soil - but sometimes you have to use what you have) and started the process of forcing my Spring time Daffodils (about 10 bulbs in the pot) which went right into the fridge in the garage to sit for 4 weeks. Then I'll bring them inside, give them a little water, and hopefully have some fresh sunny flowers in the house this year in early April.

My afternoon is beginning to feel a little warmer already!

0 comments: