Wednesday, March 25, 2009

snacking ~

gingerbread muffins

Since early in the year, I've been doing a lot of snacking (aka eating small meals), mainly to ward off the nausea, but lately, I’m finding myself wanting to be creative again, even in the kitchen. I have always loved the way my cravings have guided me through each of my pregnancies, knowing EXACTLY what it was I wanted to eat. Today . . . it was gingerbread muffins. I did cheat and used a store bought box of mix for times sake, but I decided to add a little somethin’ to make it more homemade.

gingerbread muffins

It's hard to tell from the pictures, but I mixed up a couple tablespoons of light brown sugar and zested a tangerine – mixed together for a fabulous topping. The orange flavor with the gingerbread was wonderful and easy!!

gingerbread muffins

2 comments:

jean said...

Snacking...yum. My favorite hobby.
I love this this website now...maybe you can teach me how you got started so I can try it out too( I have lots to say, I just need an audience....lol)

kirschkernzeit said...

Cheating is always allowed when you're a mama! Your writing style is so fresh and honest; I like that very much!