Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Patchwork potholder ::

Patchwork potholder

There are times as a crafter that I get an urgent need to make some-thing!! This urgent need hit me Friday night around 8:00!! I had this blue calico shirt lying around that I knew one day would be made into something . . . so out came the cutter wheel and cutting mat and this is what I made . . . a potholder, or hot mat, whatever you may call it, I love it!!!

Patchwork potholder

Aligning these triangles and squares can be quite tricky!! But yet it reminded me of something quite familiar . . . oh yes, that red peppermint quilt I made many Christmases ago that seemed like the most massive quilting project to ever be made! With quilting, you learn little tricks, like how to align those pesky triangles up correctly and lo and behold, those tricks were put into practice once again this weekend for this calico potholder.

Patchwork potholder

I think it’s sweet, useful, and resourceful, and I absolutely love the color combination. I see many more of these being made in my future!!!