Wednesday, October 15, 2008

road knitting ~

I got very excited when I received a phone call from my local library about this book being on reserve for me. I had been waiting for a mere three weeks for the library to receive their copy of the book since it’s release last month. I couldn’t wait to see The Jane Austin dress, what a great dress for the girls to wear for our family Christmas picture this year and also double as their Easter dresses next spring. I love the knitted bodice and empire waist and the billowy skirt is so playful, my girls will love it!
New Knitting Book

future knitting projects

Thumbing through a second and third time, I saw several more projects that caught my attention: the Swifty and the Mitered Hanging Towel.

Saturday morning as we were packing up for our trip out to the apple orchard, I grabbed this book and yarn to give it a fair shot.

I decided on the Mitered Hanging Towel – using Peaches and Cream yarn as the pattern recommends. Although I will have to mention I didn’t like this yarn first go around, but I’ll give it another shot for these cute, simple {the jovial authors Kay Gardiner and Ann Shayne rank the difficulty of this pattern to be “Actually easier than pie”}, and useful projects!

road knitting

road knitting

0 comments: