Thursday, December 18, 2008

a child at play ~

I could hear Lena down the hall immersed in her play this morning. She had built several log houses and was pretending to have a tree farm and was cutting down all the trees and taking them back to the homes. I ran downstairs, grabbed my camera, wanting to capture the few moments while I could without taking her out of her play moment.

cutting a tree down

cutting down all the trees

Then she wanted me to take some videos and we had a great time with it. I am amazed more and more the stories our children re-create in their play. I enjoy providing our children with toys they can use from season to season to reenact their surroundings. What better time than now with Winter and Christmas approaching to play with some trees and some logs and cozy up their play spaces.

delivering a tree

putting up the tree

0 comments: